General membership information
You must register each year.
- Membership entitles members to participate in any or all available courses and activities for free (sometimes a gold coin donation or similar is requested to cover a tutor’s individual costs).
- Attend courses at other U3As for a small additional fee (see prices below).
- Receive the U3A Healesville newsletter when published.
Joining or renewing your membership
Membership sign-ups and renewals as well as course enrolments can be done either online or using paper forms.
To join online and become a New Member of U3A Healesville:
To register online join here. This will take you to an on-line form to fill in and submit. This enters you into the membership database. Once you have signed up as a member you can enrol in courses and pay your fees either manually or online. To do this online use these instructions: U-MAS for Members user manual.
Download the course booklet here
To renew your membership online if you are an existing member:
If renewing you can review and update your details online, enrol in courses online and pay your subscriptions online. To review your details, manage your courses and pay your fees online login here. Or follow these instructions: U-MAS for Members user manual.
Whilst both new members once registered and renewing members can enrol in courses online, your enrolment will not be accepted until your fees have been paid and registered in the database.
Download the course booklet here
Alternately, you may join or renew offline, including enrolling for courses and paying your fees, by:
- Attending the annual Registration Days, held towards the end of the year, OR
- If you are currently a member for 2020 Download the 2021 Registration Form and 2021 Course Enrolment Form here OR
- If you are a NEW member for 2021 Download the 2021 Registration form for new members and 2021 Course Enrolment form here OR
- Picking up Registration and Course Enrolment Forms from the Office and then
- Sending the completed forms and fee to the Office or attending the office in person
A Note on the OER and Associate Memberships
The Outer Easter Region (OER) is a grouping of six individual U3A branches in the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges: Healesville, Mt Dandenong (Kalorama), Sherbrooke (Upwey), Upper Yarra (Yarra Junction), Yarra Ranges (Lilydale) and Walmsley Village (Kilsyth). When you join your home U3A it is then possible to attend courses at any of the others. A booklet is available from the Court House outlining all the courses offered by all members.
For Healesville Full Members, you need to pay the OER Supplement (to Healesville) and then approach a sister U3A to join as a OER Member there.
For members of a sister U3A, you need to pay the OER Supplement to your local U3A, then contact Healesville to become an OER Member, which is free.
It is necessary to be registered at an ‘other’ U3A in addition to your home one because you have to be on the ‘other’ database to receive e-mails, course updates etc from their Leaders. The fee is used to fund production and distribution of the booklet mentioned above.
Associate Members are similar, but your home U3A is not one of the OER six, and you pay the fee to Healesville.
All members are issued with a Membership Badge. This is to be worn to all courses. A new badge is issued each year. New members joining will have their badge sent to them soon after receipt of their Registration Form or online signup. Renewing members will receive their new year’s badge upon receipt of their renewal documentation and fee.
Whether you are a new member joining or an existing member renewing, payment can be made by:
- Taking cash or a cheque to the office, or
- Mailing a cheque to the office, or
- Paying by EFT – see below
- Paying by PayPal via the HUMMS database – see above
If you pay electronically (EFT Deposit) please ensure that you give your first initial and your family name in the reference area. Our banking details: Bendigo Bank, BSB no 633 108, Account Number 1570-90572. Name of account: U3A Healesville Inc. If you used EFT and are sending us a Membership Form, please remember to state the date you made the EFT.
The Office is located in the “Court House” at cnr. Harker St & Healesville-Kinglake Rd, Healesville.
Open hours: 12:30 – 1:30pm Thursdays during term time. Closed for school holidays.
Mail: PO Box 1017, Healesville 3777
Phone: 0490 917 975
Membership options (prices for 2021):
Note : All current full members who have paid their registration fees for 2020 will only pay $25 for full membership for the 2021 year
|Full Member||Full membership with all membership rights ( new members joining in 2021 )||$50|
|Volunteer||A volunteer (e.g., Committee Member) not attending any classes||No fee payable|
|Leader||Leader, not attending any classes, OR
Leading more than one class and attending any number of classes
|No fee payable|
|Leader Participant||Leading only one class and attending one or more classes||$25|
|OER Supplement||To become a member of the entire Outer Eastern Region (OER) group of U3As
— then you may attend any course at any OER U3A as well as Healesville (you will need to register at the other U3A too, which is free)
|OER Member||You must already a member of another Outer Eastern Region (OER) group,
have paid the Supplement to your own U3A, and
wish to attend Healesville courses
|No fee payable|
|Associate Member||Already a member of another U3A that is not in the Outer Eastern Region (OER)||$20|
Enrolling in classes
Once you are a member, you may enrol in classes:
- Online (see How to enrol in a class at the top of the login page), or
- At the annual Registration Days, held towards the end of the year, or
- By contacting the Class Coordinator
- By contacting or visiting the Office
Note: It is not possible to enrol directly with a class leader.