General membership information
You must register each year.
- Membership entitles members to participate in any or all available courses and activities for free (sometimes a gold coin donation or similar is requested to cover a tutor’s individual costs).
- Attend courses at other U3As for a small additional fee (see prices below).
- Receive the U3A Healesville newsletter when published.
Joining or renewing your membership
Membership sign-ups and renewals as well as course enrolments can be done either online or using paper forms.
To join online and become a New Member of U3A Healesville:
To register online join here. This will take you to an on-line form to fill in and submit. This enters you into the membership database. Once you have signed up as a member you can enrol in courses and pay your fees either manually or online. To do this online use these instructions: HUMMS Procedures – New Members Course Enrolment & Fee Payment V1
To renew your membership online if you are an existing member:
If renewing you can review and update your details online, enrol in courses online and pay your subscriptions online. To review your details, manage your courses and pay your fees online login here. Or follow these instructions: HUMMS Procedures – Existing Members Registration & Enrolment V1.
Whilst both new members once registered and renewing members can enrol in courses online, your enrolment will not be accepted until your fees have been paid and registered in the database.
Alternately, you may join or renew offline, including enrolling for courses and paying your fees, by:
- Attending the annual Registration Days, held towards the end of the year, or
- Downloading the 2019 Registration Form and 2019 Course Enrolment Form here, or
- Picking up Registration and Course Enrolment Forms from the Office
- Sending the completed forms and fee to the Office or attending the office in person
All members are issued with a Membership Badge. This is to be worn to all courses. A new badge is issued each year. New members joining will have their badge sent to them soon after receipt of their Registration Form or online signup. Renewing members will receive their new year’s badge upon receipt of their renewal documentation and fee.
Whether you are a new member joining or an existing member renewing, payment can be made by:
- Taking cash or a cheque to the office, or
- Mailing a cheque to the office, or
- Paying by EFT – see below
- Paying by PayPal via the HUMMS database – see above
If you pay electronically (EFT Deposit) please ensure that you give your first initial and your family name in the reference area. Our banking details: Bendigo Bank, BSB no 633 108, Account Number 1570-90572. Name of account: U3A Healesville Inc. If you used EFT and are sending us a Membership Form, please remember to state the date you made the EFT.
The Office is located in the “Court House” at cnr. Harker St & Healesville-Kinglake Rd, Healesville.
Open hours: For Terms 2 and 3 1:30 – 3:00pm Wednesdays during term time. Closed for school holidays.
Mail: PO Box 1017, Healesville 3777
Phone: 0490 917 975
Membership options (prices per calendar year):
|Category||Sub Category / Detail||Fee Payable|
|Single Member||Full membership with all membership rights||$50|
|Couple Member||Full membership with all membership rights||$40 each ($80 per couple)|
|Volunteer||A volunteer, e.g. Committee Member, not attending any classes||No fee payable|
|Leader||Leader, not attending any classes, OR
Leading more than one class and attending any number of classes
|No fee payable|
|Leader Participant||Leading only one class and attending one or more classes||$25|
|OER Supplement||To become a member of the entire Outer Eastern Region (OER) group of U3As||$10 ($20 couple)|
|Associate member||Already a member of another U3A that is not in the Outer Eastern Region (OER)||$20|
Enrolling in classes
Once you are a member, you may enrol in classes:
- Online (see How to enrol in a class at the top of the login page), or
- At the annual Registration Days, held towards the end of the year, or
- By contacting the Class Coordinator
- By contacting or visiting the Office
Note: It is not possible to enrol directly with a class leader.