We now have almost 250 members.
Two new classes began this term: Music Matters and Get Smart with Technology.
Thanks go to everyone who assisted in the garden project. The grounds look better already and will be further enhanced with the purchase of a garden seat.
The first trip for Hit the Road was enjoyed by all. It is expected that another one will be organised for early 2020. Thanks go to Anne Catchpole for her exceptional organisational skills.
In September, the Ukulele Group took part in the Ukulele festival at Norfolk Island, which was most enjoyable. They have played successfully in several concerts in recent weeks and are busy practising for upcoming gigs. You may have heard them playing at the Healesville October Sunday market.
To improve communication and to promote our U3A, we now have a new Notice Board located at the entrance to the Court House, and a tear drop banner, which is available for display at events.
On Sunday, 27th October at 2pm, there will be a free concert at the Memo as part of Seniors’ Week.
Here are some important Healesville U3A dates to note:
- Thursday, 17th October: Annual General Meeting at the Court House at 2.30pm. Our guest speaker will be Senior Constable Linda Hancock
- Thursday, 24th October: Afternoon Tea at the Senior Citizens Hall at 2.00pm
- Thursday, 28th November: Enrolment Day, details will be advertised in due course
- Sunday, 24th and Saturday, 30th November: Annual Concert, tickets are now available at the Memo
Forthcoming term dates:
- Term 4 ends on Friday, 13th December
- Term 1 2020 begins on Monday, 3rd February
We hope to see you at some (if not all) of the above events and activities!
Wendy Veitch and Bev Gilbert.